First and foremost, socks need to be comfortable and durable. Our organic cotton socks impress not only with their quality and comfortable fit but also their origins. Make sustainable progress with our soft organic socks.
Organic Socks: The Most Comfortable in our Range
We at BLACKSOCKS look for two things in our socks: comfort and durability. Our newly developed organic socks offer both – and much more:
- Made of organic Egyptian cotton with extra-long fibers
- Certified to the ecological criteria set by the GOTS® standard
- A comfort band that doesn't cut in
- A comfortable sole made of terry material
- Short transport routes as they're made in Italy
- Paper packaging and climate-neutral shipping
GOTS® – Small Label, Big Difference!
Not all socks can call themselves organic. This is a protected term and clothing must pass various tests to use it. Only a few letters serve to differentiate organic from normal cotton on the label.
The international GOTS® standard is well known and its seal is widely used. It lays down environmental guidelines, from production through to processing. These focus in particular on using natural materials for pest protection and on maintaining soil fertility. Furthermore, primarily renewable resources are used, and any chemical additives are checked for toxicity and biodegradability.
This protects the soil and biodiversity in the area, and helps keep everything in balance.
What are Our Organic Socks Made Of?
Our Organic Comfort socks are made of 80% organic cotton. The remaining 20% is polyamide, providing support and durability. Our Organic Sneaker socks made of 65% organic cotton also contain 2% elastane and have a spoiler to stop them from slipping down.
Where does the Organic Cotton Come From?
The organic cotton for our socks comes from Egyptian growers. The cotton grown there has exceptionally long fibers, an additional benefit as it produces socks that generate little fluff.
Are the Socks Still Comfortable?
In fact, our organic socks are the most comfortable in our entire range! The terry sole makes every single step comfortable and soft – as if you were walking on a bed of moss. The comfort band stays gently but firmly in place on your calf without cutting in.
Make Sustainable Progress Now!
All of our products are manufactured in accordance with European standards. The organic cotton from Egypt is transformed into socks in Northern Italy – avoiding long transport routes and ensuring the smallest possible ecological footprint along the entire production chain. We also work very closely with our suppliers.
Time to spring into action. Order a trial pack of our organic socks in your size, or go straight for a sustainable sockscription!